Wednesday, January 2, 2013

52 Weeks of Public Art in the Joburg Inner City- An Intro

To touch art is to touch the mind; to touch the mind is to touch a life- J. David Arnold
 
 

I have decided to pimp up my blog with a new concept "52 Weeks of Public Art in the Joburg Inner City"which basically means that over the next year,I will post a piece of public art that can be found in the Jozi Inner City (or Soweto) every week. I am passionate about the public art in the CBD as anyone can see it, interact with it and experience it, and surely that is what art should be about in a city like Johannesburg. Joburg aims to be the largest art gallery in the world, where you can walk around the city and see art everywhere...just like you would in a gallery like the Tate Modern. The City of Joburg spends a certain percentage of its yearly budget on art and we have hundreds of pieces through out the Inner City. The blog will feature official and unofficial public art and don't forget the graffiti!

So here is "52 Weeks of Public Art" in the city I love!

(If you would like to see the art first hand please book a tour with me and my company at http://pastexperiences.co.za/)

BTW, I will also still post other interesting titbits on a number of topics.